F J Benjamin has been a supporter of various charitable initiatives in Singapore and elsewhere since 1959. F J Benjamin views charitable giving as a necessary element of corporate social responsibility.
The Charitable Giving Committee directs and oversees F J Benjamin's charitable activities. The Committee is made up of senior or key employees from within the F J Benjamin group of companies. The Committee meets quarterly to review F J Benjamin's charitable initiatives and approves all charitable giving.
The Committee has developed this Guidelines on Charitable Giving in order to facilitate a structured and transparent approach to F J Benjamin's charitable giving thereby allowing beneficiaries clearer criteria markers and shareholders greater transparency.
F J Benjamin's Charitable Objectives
- F J Benjamin supports good causes relating to health, education,
the arts and/or the community in Singapore and elsewhere.
- F J Benjamin encourages and supports projects and activities
that strengthen the communities in which our employees live and work.
Scope and Type of Giving
- The beneficiary is (i) a registered charity with the Singapore Commissioner of Charities, (ii) an institution of public character (IPC), or, (iii) an organization with generally charitable or non-profit objectives that shares F J Benjamin's Charitable Objectives; or
- The beneficiary has some connection with F J Benjamin, and, F J Benjamin's Charitable Objectives.
- Depending on general market conditions and other relevant considerations, F J Benjamin sets-aside up to 1% net profit announced for its previous fiscal year to be disbursed the following fiscal year.
- The Committee retains full discretion including whether to completely or partially disburse such amounts and in support of which Charitable Objective and beneficiary.
- Charitable giving may take the form of monies or in-kind gifts.
Legal disclaimer - These Guidelines are not binding and do not confer legal rights on any party. Its contents are subject to change from time to time without prior notice. F J Benjamin shall not accept liability for any reliance on the Guidelines. F J Benjamin is not a registered charity under the Singapore Charities Act.